R&R for the Brave
R&R for the Brave is a five day outdoor adventure in Bend, Oregon for veterans and care providers located in the Pacific Northwest. The program is designed to facilitate healing from PTS, TBI and physical injuries through outdoor therapeutic adventures, peer-to-peer support and nontraditional medical approaches aimed at mitigating pain and improving quality of life for our nation's heroes.
Participants accepted to the R&R For The Brave program will be responsible for traveling expenses to and from the program’s location. We will be arranging transportation from Redmond Municipal Airport upon arrival. For those that require financial assistance for traveling expenses, we have designed a fundraising portal that each participant can choose to create and host a fundraiser for themselves. If you choose this option, we only ask each participant to raise a minimum of $500 or more and Save the Brave will step in to cover the remaining balance for your flight. If you have any questions, please reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day 1 - Arrival day, meet and greet dinner and weeks agenda discussed.
- Day 2 - Rafting, community clinic, sunset yoga & meditation with mobility duo. Save The Brave BBQ with Upstream Rehab.
- Day 3 - Group 1 MTB Clinic/Afternoon MTB ride; Group 2 Tumalo experience. Fly Fishing Experience at Fall River.
- Day 4 - Group 2 MTB Clinic/Afternoon MTB ride; Group 1 Smith Rock experience.
- Day 5 - Sunrise yoga & meditation with mobility dup. Bungee and departure.
- Rafting, community clinic and Save The Brave BBQ with Upstream Rehab.
Participant Application and Waiver
Thank you to our sponsors!
Support Our Mission