Scholarships & Education
The Save the Brave Scholarship Program was established to honor the memories of our fallen warriors who served in combat and those who died to suicide, still fighting battles that never left them. Our scholarships honor;
CPL Calvin Spencer USMC
Lcpl Andrew Matus USMC
Lcpl Emilian USMC
CPL Andrew Marrari USMC
Greg Travers USN
Sgt Christopher Yansky USMC
Sgt Simon Litke USMC
The STB Scholarship Program will award (3) $10,000 individual scholarships for academic advancement annually to surviving children or family members of veterans who have committed suicide or other qualified and deserving applicants. Scholarships will be awarded for those seeing educational advancement in college and university study or in the vocational or culinary arts.
Scholarship Application Criteria
- Applicant must provide certification of direct relationship to a former active duty or reserve service member in the form of birth certificate and accompanying DD Form 214
- Applicant must provide evidence of the nature of the need for scholarship assistance from the loss of a direct family member
- Applicant must agree to a written application and interview process with members of the STB Advisory Board for Scholarships and Education and any other STB Board members as required
- Must be accepted, in writing to an accredited college, university, vocational, or culinary program
- Scholarship may be awarded to a full-time or part-time student, either enrolled in online, distance learning, or in a traditional classroom or on-campus setting
- Recipients must maintain an annual GPA of 3.0 (B Average or above) annually and provide documentation via transcript or report card from academic institution to the Advisory Board each semester or quarter to maintain eligibility
- Scholarship will be re-awarded to qualified applicants granted that the meet the criteria above annually
- Scholarship will be presented in public and recipients must agree in writing to allow the use of name and photo for announcement purposes
- Awardees will notify the Advisory Board of any changes to academic status or hardship at any time the scholarship is in effect.
- Awardees will notify Advisory Board of pending graduation dates and matriculation ceremonies
We are currently not accepting applications. Check back at a later date.